Your Simple Will
Simple Format Document 1# - Will Maker with Partner (and children)
We have set out below a summary of the Simple Format Will for a Will Maker with a Partner and a child or children. We would recommend this Will if you are recently partnered or married and you intend your spouse or partner to receive the whole of your Estate. The Will anticipates that you currently have children or expect to have children in the future. If you do not currently have children we suggest that you nominate alternate beneficiaries who will share in your estate in the event that your spouse or partner dies before you and that you do not have children at the date of your death.
If you have any further queries please read the general information about Wills or contact us.
Each Simple Format Will:-
- provides that the share of any beneficiary under the age of 18 years is to be held in trust for that beneficiary until he or she turns 18;
- authorises your Executor to invest Estate funds, held on behalf of a beneficiary under the age of 18 years, in any investment authorised by the relevant law in your State for the investment of trust funds.
- authorises your Executor, in his or her discretion, to make provision for the maintenance, benefit or support of any beneficiary under the age of 18 until he or she becomes fully entitled to his or her share in your Estate.
This Simple Format Document will not be suitable for all people or all circumstances. If you:-
you will need to obtain specific advice on matters that need to be covered in your Will. You may also need to obtain appropriate Estate Planning and taxation advice. If you are uncertain whether this Simple Will Format is suitable for your circumstances please contact us to obtain further advice.
- own your business or have complex financial arrangements;
- have substantial assets;
- expect to marry or enter a defacto relationship in the near future;
- expect to divorce or separate in the near future;
- have a child or another beneficiary with special needs;
You must be logged in before you can create or edit a document.
or Register as a new user.
Copyright © 2003-2004, Cann Legal
If you have any comments, please mail the
Administrator of this site.
Website designed and administered by render.net.au .